Tuesday 25 December 2007

My Ubuntu apps

I just thought I'd list some of the programs I use in Ubuntu, most Linux folks would probably have the same or similar list.

Firefox
I do most of my browsing with firefox but I also use Opera now and again.

Gimp
I made the banners for this blog using Gimp, not bad considering all I've used Gimp for previously is cutting and pasting.

DeVeDe
For converting my avi files to dvd, read more about it here.

K3B
A fully featured CD/DVD authoring application. I often used it to burn the DVD's I made using DeVeDe.

OpenOffice
I do all my uni work with it.

TimeVault
Backs up my important files and folders, read more here.

uTorrent
For downloading stuff.

Wine
For running uTorrent among other Windows programs.



Pidgin
Pidgin is a multi-protocol instant messaging client.

VirtualBox
For times when I just can't avoid Windows.

Totem movie player
Watch all my videos on this.

Audacity
An audio editor and recorder, I mainly use it to make ringtones from mp3's.

Glipper
I found it really annoying when I used to lose everything I copied or cut by closing the application I got it from.

I hope this helps anyone new to Ubuntu/Linux. The best thing about this list is that all the applications are free.

0 comments:

Post a Comment